Practical deliverability tips are hard to come by. This training is aimed to demystify the steps a person can take to maintain strong deliverability, as well as give practical, step-by-step instructions for how to increase open rates and land in more inboxes. We will also cover concrete steps you can take if you find yourself struggling with low open rates or spamboxing on specific providers.
In this master class, we will learn how to maintain, improve, or rehabilitate your email deliverability. We will cover topics such as how to build a content calendar that maintains strong list health, how to segment based on activity level, how to use domain reports, and how to recover from negative deliverability events. We will also gather practical steps for how to get higher open rates, land in supporters' inboxes more often, and acquire new subscribers in a way that doesn't negatively impact your list health.
The goal of this master class is to give participants a thorough understanding of how to develop and maintain strong email deliverability, as well as give practical tips for how to recover from negative deliverability events.
Cliff Naylor works in American Democratic politics and has successfully leveraged the power of online fundraising to help raise millions of dollars for progressive causes. He is currently the Director of Online Fundraising for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and previously worked at Rising Tide Interactive and on Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign.
Who is this training for?
Progressive campaigners and organisers looking for an in-depth understanding of how to maximise the effectiveness of their email programs.
Skills you’ll learn
- How to maintain strong deliverability (land in the inbox, not the spambox!)
- How to write emails that drive supporters to take action
- Learn to write emails and subject lines that get strong engagement and improve your sender reputation
- Learn to segment your audience based on their activity history
- Learn to create great building blocks for an email program which also maintain list health (welcome series, reactivation plan, content calendar, etc.)