Front End Developer for Movement Building Technologies
Type of Contract: The position is a full-time position.
Location: Preferred in our office in Barcelona, Spain or Remote Location
Salary on Base: 30K to 32K EUR per year
Work Schedule: The position will work 40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer
Tectonica has managed to create an environment where everyone has a voice regardless of their position and seniority. The relationships in our office on all levels are usually described as supportive, casual, friendly, relaxed, and authentic. The team has a deep level of established cohesion, and team members know they hold a part of the company’s mission beyond just a single job description. We invite new talent in that cohesion as they join us. Appreciation for diversity in our culture, as well as, individual growth are key factors to our team’s united success.
At the core of what we do is build people-based movements. Real progressive movements are never built by people who only understand privilege. For this reason, a personal and deep understanding of identity and the role it plays in politics is a requirement for working at Tectonica. Women, people of colour, immigrants, LGBTQ persons, people with disabilities, ethnic and religious minorities, and people of various minority backgrounds will be given priority in our hiring decisions.
Accessibility for the Job
Tectonica Digital Campaign Solutions SL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Auwlyee Cabrera (COO) on his e-mail at [email protected] This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place before you begin your hiring interview and future employment.
Tectonica Digital Campaign Solutions S.L applies technologies and strategies to build and grow movements for political parties, candidates, and NGOs. Our services include Strategy, Web Design and Build, App Design and Build, Platform integration, Identity and Branding, Video Production, Email Strategy, Campaign Management, Content Creation, etc. We have worked with some of the most important political parties and organizations in more than 35 countries around the world. Our past clients include Sadiq Khan for London Mayor, GROEN - the Flemish Green Party, Emmanuel Macron La République En Marche!, The Scottish National Party, Defense for Children International - Palestine, and more.
Driven by our values
At Tectonica, our values guide everything we do, from informing the way we accept projects to ensuring that our company culture remains supportive and democratic. We are looking for candidates who feel passionate about promoting democracy through technology and want to use their skills to make a positive impact in the world. Our ideal candidate is someone who identifies with Tectonica’s company values and is deeply motivated by a desire to advance progressive causes and movements around the world. We love what we do and want to positively impact diverse communities around the world.
- First, do good.
- Organizing over messaging.
- Changing the world takes hard work, not tricks.
- Our solutions are designed for everyday change-makers.
- Our experiences outside societal privilege is our power.
- The big picture is in every detail.
- Smart communication facilities group wisdom.
Management of development projects: Planning, Layout, Integration, Optimization and Maintenance and expansion of functionalities according to customer requirements.
Knowledge in other CMS improving the capacity of development of large projects
Areas of responsibility:
- Effective communication with the areas of Design, QA, etc., in order to know and understand the requirements of the different projects.
- Precisely determine and give estimates of how long the different tasks in a project might take.
- Deliver a project with a high level of detail and attention to the code, within the established times and budgets.
- Maximize the development of team production and efficiency, allowing growth products and projects.
- Identify and lead opportunities for technological innovation in the area of services provided by the agency.
What do we expect for you?
- Curiosity when it comes to learning and implementing those systems and technologies that make up the agency's development framework.
- Individuals who can integrate designs into the code in a highly efficient and quality way and see how the functionalities that are created in the code relate to the impact on activists and building movements successfully.
- Individuals with a passion for both the code and its intersection with progressive movements and organizations.
- Active participation during the planning and execution of projects, as well as in general team meetings.
- Organized and solid work methodologies.
- While our work is not always easy (in fact, it requires drive and passion), work is always very important and has a profound impact on the world.
Required Experience and Skills
- 3 and 5 years (minimum) of experience carrying out and managing front-end development projects.
- Proven experience in integration and development of sites with cloud-based CMSs (Liquid Template Engine) and Wordpress. Knowledge in other CMSs (Drupal, Shopify, etc.) will be valued.
- Fluent in English / Spanish with upper / intermediate fluency. You must be able to hold a conversation in English, and understand the requirements that arise from it, and answer questions from collaborators and clients in writing.
- Extensive experience in HTML5, CSS3, JS, SASS.
- Extensive experience in hand-off tools (Figma, Avocode, Zeplin).
- Notions of NodeJS and Firebase will be desirable.
Bachelor's degree or area of higher development in IT, Systems or related careers, or equivalent professional experience.
- English: Intermediate - Advanced (Ideal fluent or native).
- Spanish: fluent or native.
- Other complementary languages will be valued but not exclusive for the position.
Send your CV and a letter of introduction outlining your interest in the position and related experience to [email protected].
Jun 17 - 2021
Awareness Shouldn't Be Your Campaign Objective! Engage and Create Real Change!
Contributor: Weronika Paszewska Imagine all these awareness days did work... Let's close our eyes. Imagine the world around you full of people understanding very well various faces of white supremacy in our social system, being...
Jun 03 - 2021
How to start with building your email list
Contributor: Weronika Paszewska There has already been so much said about email lists. Certainly, many organisations use this as a main channel of communication. Yet we still see advocacy CSOs, NGOs and Nonprofits that rely only...
Jun 03 - 2021
Extra Bold: A Feminist, Inclusive, Anti-racist, Nonbinary Field Guide for Graphic Designers
by Ellen Lupton, Jennifer Tobias - 2021 Princeton Architectural Press Contributor: Mariana Spada There is a feeling in the air that the practice of graphic design is increasingly reembracing its long and deep political roots....