Front End Developer for Movement Building Technologies
July 22, 2020
Categories: PHP, HTML/CSS, Coding, Developer, Front-End, Liquid, WordPress, Drupal, EveryAction, Action Network, Nationbuilder
Type of Contract: The position is a full-time position.
Location: Preferred in our office in Barcelona, Spain or Remote Location
Salary on Base: 33K to 35K EUR per year
Work Schedule: The position will work 40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
Subcontractor (Remote): 15 USD/hour.
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer
Tectonica Digital Campaign Solutions S.L applies technologies and strategies to build and grow movements for political parties, candidates, and NGOs. Our services include Strategy, Web Design and Build, App Design and Build, Platform integration, Identity and Branding, Video Production, Email Strategy, Campaign Management, Content Creation, etc. We have worked with some of the most important political parties and organisations in more than 25 countries around the world. Our past clients include Sadiq Khan for London Mayor, GROEN - the Flemish Green Party, Emmanuel Macron La République En Marche!, The Scottish National Party, Defense for Children International - Palestine, and more.
Driven by our values
At Tectonica, our values guide everything we do, from informing the way we accept projects to ensuring that our company culture remains supportive and democratic. We are looking for candidates who feel passionate about promoting democracy through technology and want to use their skills to make a positive impact in the world. Our ideal candidate is someone who identifies with Tectonica’s company values and is deeply motivated by a desire to advance progressive causes and movements around the world. We love what we do and want to positively impact diverse communities around the world.
Tectonica has managed to create an environment where everyone has a voice regardless of their position and seniority. The relationships in our office on all levels are usually described as supportive, casual, friendly, relaxed, and authentic. The team has a deep level of established cohesion, and team members know they hold a part of the company’s mission beyond just a single job description. We invite new talent in that cohesion as they join us. Appreciation for diversity in our culture, as well as, individual growth are key factors to our team’s united success.
- First, do good.
- Organizing over messaging.
- Changing the world takes hard work, not tricks.
- Our solutions are designed for everyday change-makers.
- Our experiences outside societal privilege is our power.
- The big picture is in every detail.
- Smart communication facilities group wisdom.
Wordpress, Drupal and other CMS Integration and Development
Knowledge in other CMS improving the capacity of development of large projects
Areas of responsibility:
- Know and have a high skill in the different CMS systems supporting and developing with a high level of code
- Communication with the different areas such as the Design Team, QA and other sectors to get all the information to complete the project
- Determine precisely and give estimates of how long a project could take in one of the CMS systems
- Delivery of a project that has a high level of detail and attention to the code
- Maximize the development of team production and efficiency, allowing products and growth projects.
What do we expect for you?
- To be curious about new systems and learn new languages and take the opportunity to know NationBuilder.
- To be passionate about coding but also show a great interest in how the code that you produce can impact and empower progressive political movements around the globe.
- To be eager to learn, grow, participate across the team, giving input to the design team, new ideas for making efficient the code and showing your interest in the meetings.
- To be incredibly organised and solid coding skills that will be screening on a test for the position.
- To understand the procedures and best practice and basic methodologies of project management.
- To be curious and have an interest in any political or organizational work to help movements and communities around the world.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in front-end development in Wordpress, Drupal, others CMS.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in coding on the Nationbuilder platform. (Plus)
- Five years of professional work (in any area, preferred systems).
- Proven success in technology/web product development
- English / Spanish proficiency with preferred fluency. Must be able to understand spoken and written English.
- Passion to make an impact on the world through the intersection of technology and politics.
- Extensive experience in HTML 4.01, XHTML, HTML5, CSS3.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and PSD to HTML conversion with extremely high fidelity. (Ideal)
- Registration of WordPress integration, development of PHP templates for WP, the configuration of custom themes and installation of widgets and add-ons.
- Knowledge of site installation, FTP and CPanel management, and troubleshooting.
Bachelor or higher development area.
- English: fluent or native.
- Spanish: fluent or native.
- Other complementary languages will be valued but not exclusive for the position.
Send your CV and a letter of introduction outlining your interest in the position and related experience to email@example.com.
At the core of what we do is build people-based movements. Real progressive movements are never built by people who only understand privilege. For this reason, a personal and deep understanding of identity and the role it plays in politics is a requirement for working at Tectonica. Women, people of colour, immigrants, LGBTQ persons, people with disabilities, ethnic and religious minorities, and people of various minority backgrounds will be given priority in our hiring decisions.
Accessibility for the Job
Tectonica Digital Campaign Solutions SL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Auwlyee Cabrera (COO) on his e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place before you begin your hiring interview and future employment.
Jul 10 - 2020
Taking the temperature on Europe’s Progressive Digital Organising
We are embarking on a very exciting and ambitious project: a Report on the State of Digital Organising in Europe in partnership with GQR! We are aiming to achieve a comprehensive study on the status...
Jun 23 - 2020
Queer Eye for the Progressive Org
We’re queer, we’re here. It's Pride Month. And there’s a new season of Queer Eye. What the heck is a blog post about a make-over show doing on the Tectonica blog? Well, honeeeeey, I’m about to...
Tectonica Organising Network
The best content on organising technology, strategies, and resources to help you build your movement.